Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Rose By Any Other...Form?


--,--'--@

In this dream, my oldest daughter, Alix, was living with us. And all was good. We'd had a party and everyone had left so we went to bed [John was working night shift and i dunno where Jason was] The girls slept in my bed, as is the ritual when John works nights. Alix lay across the end of the bed, Rose was on my side of the bed, and i was in Johns spot.
The light was off but there was a nice glow from the bedroom window.
We were chatting happily when we heard a noise like a wimper coming from a little storage room just outside the bathroom. I told Alix to go have a look and when she came back she said, "Mum, you're not going to believe this, but there's another Rose in that room!" I didn't really believe her, but i didn't really not believe her either. So i said, "Go and get her then." So she did. She bought her in and we all looked at her. I said, "Just put her in the bed next to me." [so i was in between the Roses. Does that make me a thorn? lol]
Rose didn't feel threatened by this other Rose [Let's call her Rose2?] Both Roses looked just like Rose did when she was about 6, Cute with a little bob haircut. But Rose was 12 in the dream, Rose2 was not. Yet they were exactly the same.
Rose2 started to change as she lay there looking at me. Her hair grew longer and browner. Her eyes grew browner too. She eventualy looked nothing like Rose but she still was.
I called John and said, "John, You're not going to believe this, but..."
And he told me to get my car keys and his car keys. I need to go to sleep with one set of keys, mine if i want Rose to be the only Rose still here in the morning. And his keys if i want Rose2 to be the only Rose.
Rose is the apple of my eye [in reality] and i knew both these Roses were my Rose, so i had to think hard. If Rose stayed, life would carry on as normal in the morning. But if Rose2 stayed, because she was a little younger, i'd miss the stuff that Rose and i had lived till now. But who can chose between two equally awesome kids?!?
I was just swaying toward keeping "now" Rose with me when my alarm went off :o)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

RELIGIOUS INTENT
AA has been called religious for 60 years, and rightfully so, for it's founder admitted as much, at least when denying it wouldn't have served him.

Bill Wilson at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles in March, 1943:

"Divine Aid was A.A.'s greatest asset."

"An alcoholic is a fellow who is 'trying to get his religion out of a bottle,' when what he really wants is unity within himself, unity with God."


"There is a definite religious element here."

http:// micky-clontarf.blogspot.com
My Dear Jade
What do you think? - We have all sinned and deserve God's judgment.

God, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him.

Jesus, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He died for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was buried, and rose from the dead according to the Bible.

If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your Savior, declaring, "Jesus is Lord," you will be saved from judgment and spend eternity with God in heaven.

Unknown said...

I LOVE JESUS SO MUCH

I SHOULD NEVER HAVE ANY CAUSE OR REASON TO BE ASHAMED TO LOVE JESUS.

Is not the time coming, and the day hastening, when covetous men shall be ashamed of loving the world, and voluptuous men ashamed of loving their pleasures, and ambitious men ashamed of loving their honours?

For is it not a horrid shame, that a rational creature should be such a sot as to love sin which is most loathsome, and not to love Jesus who is most lovely? To love deformity, and not beauty?

Oh shame, shame! It is a shame that sin should have such esteem, and Jesus such great contempt put upon him.

But shame shall before long confound these now shameless wretches, when they shall cry out, "We are ashamed that we loved profits, and not Jesus- houses, lands, lusts, and not Jesus.
This is the confusion of our faces, and shame covers us-- that we should be so foolish, and so blind, that we had not sense, nor reason, to distinguish between sin, which is the greatest and most odious evil, and Jesus who is the greatest and most lovely good."


But the time will never come, the day will never be, that a gracious soul shall be ashamed of his sincere love to Jesus Christ.

Unknown said...

SOUND OF SOBRIETY
Hello darkness, my old friend,
I’ve come to talk crap again,
An AA meeting softly creeping,
Left its seeds while I was sleeping,
And the 12 Steps that were planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of sobriety.

In restless meetings I walked alone
Bill Wilson Clones, made of stone
Neath the halo of an OLD TIMER,
I turned my collar to the 1st and 3rd Step
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of
A SPIRITUAL AWAKENING
That split the night
And touched the sound of sobriety.

And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand 12 STEPPERS, maybe more.
STEPPERS reading the BIG BOOK,
STEPPERS hearing without listening,
STEPPERS writing their 4th STEP
and no one dared
Disturb the sound of sobriety.

Zombies said I, you do not know
Sobriety like a cancer grows.
Hear my words that I might BRAINWASH you,
Take my arms that I might 13th STEP you.
But my words like the higher power fell,
and echoed
in the halls of sobriety

and the 12 STEPPERS ranted and raved
To the AA god they made.
And the sign flashed out its warning,
in the words that it was forming.
And the sign said, KEEP COMING BACK
IT WORKS IF YOU WORK IT!

and the 12 STEP ZOMBIES,
Whispered in the sounds of sobriety.

Unknown said...

12 STEP DEMONS,

PAM, (SOBRIETY IS EXHAUSTING).

SCOTT W, (ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE).

SYD, (I'm Just F.I.N.E.).

MARY CHRISTINE, (ONE SOBER ALCOHOLIC).

AN IRISH FRIEND OF BILL, (RECOVERY ARCHIVE).

STEVERONI, (ANOTHER SOBER ALCOHOLIC)


You are of your father, the the devil, , and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and doesn't stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks on his own; for he is a liar, and its father.

Please enter here!

TitanThirteen said...

As soon as i see the comment is from you, i don't even read it.
You need to get a life. Maybe even get a job. A girlfiend might help too.