Saturday, August 2, 2008

Cooking Up A Storm

This is one of those bizarre dreams where fiction crosses over to reality.
Where i remember this dream starting, John was invited to have a go at cooking in our fav restaurant [which would be Hogs Breath Cafe in reality] during a busy time.
I watched him settle right in to fixing dishes. He kinda looked like someone else, but still looked like him. He was happy and smiling, and as i watched him, i felt really lucky that he was my husband. I admired him and appreciated his every move.
We had a table at the restaurant with my sisters [younger sister and once removed sister] and all of our kids. I decided to order a jaffa [My fav flavour in reality that no-one keeps anymore] thick shake and i counted the change in my wallet. I figured it wouldn't cost any more than the $5 note i had.
They took ages to make the shake, and by the time i got it, there was a white plate with a crumbed prawn on it that looked like a crumbed lamb cutlet. There was something else on the plate, but i can't remember what it was. And then there was the thick shake. The person at the counter said that would be $16. I yelled out to Rose who was at the table, to bring me her wallet because i didn't have enough money. She wasn't fast enough so i went over to the table to get her wallet myself.
I was starting to get frustrated, and for some bizarre reason, I punched a girl in the head who was at our table. I don't know who she was, but she was only about 4 years old!! [And the girl was defiantly NOT my 4yo niece!] ye gads!!!
And in my dream, i just acted like that was normal.
Then suddenly there were people at another table who were trashing my parenting skills. This one woman was attacking every emotional weak point that i have as a parent and she was relentless!!
Then i went for her, to grab her throat and choke her so she'd shut up.
And at that moment i grabbed something in reality. I can only think it was my pillow, but my pillow goes under my head, not beside me, in a grabbing position. I don't know what i did, but it woke me up momentarily.
Then We all left the restaurant [minus John] in my sisters car, a beat up brown commodore. We stopped at a newsagent where i checked 3 of my sisters lotto tickets for her. The newsagent checked the tickets by slotting them into a cloth pocket. None of the tickets won anything.
Then we all piled in the car and drove off.

Don't know where :o)

No comments: